Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Long time no sew!

Ooh I am such a terrible hobby seamstress! I have at least 4 projects on the go and about 9 ideas but I haven't sewn in about 2 weeks, its not going to sew itself is it?
Something that spurred me on was going to Topshop and Primark and looking at all the pretty but sweatshop clothes that I can't afford. I saw a beautfiful beige jumper, but I had to remind myself I have a similar one in red that needs dyeing. I saw some nice bikinis and then remembered I have a bikini that needs new straps. I tried on an absolutely beauiful shirt dress but had to concede that it didn't fit on the hips.

I am currently trying to stop all needless purchases (especially from chainstores with dubious ethics), but I did make two sensible purchases: a rolled hem foot for my Elna sewing machine, and finally bought a manual for my Toyota overlocker which for some reason didn't come with one.

After all that if I don't start sewing again I give up!! (not really.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home