Monday, April 24, 2006

Men's fashion, or a small list of interesting sites

My lovely boyfriend popped round my house on Saturday with a surprise copy of 'Fantastic Man' he bought. Thank you lovely boyfriend for my surprise!
I also regularly read Charlie Porter's column and as you know, visit The Sartorialist at least 3 times a day, so why the interest in men's fashion I hear you (aka me) cry?
Well I have always been interested in tailoring (English Cut is a good weblog for this), and its easier to find articles about men's suits than it is about general tailoring. Secondly, men's fashion is still quite unimportant compared to women's, and because of this seems a little more subdued and concise. Which I like.
I suppose men's fashion is still a little underground, as opposed to women's where where everyone is a fashion writer indiscriminately gushing over any old designer gubbins. I would like to see more articles about volume and structure. There is an interesting article in FM about pleats, and I get the feeling that if this article were in a women's magazine it would be "5 tulip skirts for under £500"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home